Workshops in Sacred Response to Gun Violence
March 24, 2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join youth and adults for a morning of reflection, education and action to end senseless and avoidable gun violence and to have your voice heard. Workshops will be tailored to address the needs and experiences of adults and youth. A liturgy will follow the workshops and precede the march. Then, we will gather and march down to City Hall for March for Our Lives.
The workshops are:
- Sandy Hook Promise
- Preparing to March
- Ensuring your child’s safety when visiting family or friends. Practice learning how to ask if guns in the home are safely stored before dropping off your kids. Particularly important for younger children.
- Learning to recognize the signs that your child or a friend may be suicidal, what to do and where to go for help. Suicide is a leading cause of death for children over the age of 10. You are not alone and you can get help on this largely unspoken tragedy.
- Understanding California’s gun laws and how to reduce street violence. Whether you want to be a more responsible gun owner, or you’re wondering how to protect yourself or your family from gun violence, this is for you.
- 9 am Welcome, overview and refreshments in the Dining Room
- 9:30 am Workshops: Adult 1A (Chapter Room) or Adult 1B (Dining Room), Youth (Library)
- 10:20 am Break (Dining Room)
- 10:30 am Workshops: Adult 2A (Chapter Room) or Adult 2B (Dining Room), Youth (Library)
- 11:20 am Break (Dining Room)
- 11:30 am Service in the Nave
- 12 pm Gather on Great Steps to march to Civic Center rally.
RSVP to our Facebook event Please check back here for more details and visit our Gun Violence Prevention page to learn about more initiatives.
Free and open to all