The Spirit of Sound: Singing, Healing & Community
May 26, 2017
A sound healing performance and workshop with Clare Hedin.
Receive a sound healing and create sounds to deepen your own inner and outer community: sing, sound and song together. This workshop will give you some tools to take home with you so that you can become a personal sound healer with no additional training. Come and make new friends in the Sound into Spirit community.
About the workshop
From Clare Hedin: There are many ways to be a peaceful presence on this Earth; a social activist, a personal healer, an environmentalist, an artist… a parent to life. We might be involved in politics, we might write, campaign, converse, communicate. There is something else we can do that heals the inner framework that both influences, and is influenced by, our rich, interactive, world: we can deepen into our consciousness, through shared sound. As a sound healer, I know the value that sharing through sound brings, and I get to witness the unity that develops on all platforms, through the sacred act of singing in communion. This brief, yet valuable, visit into the realms of sound and healing, invites us to experience this together. Come rest in the harmony of community. It is time to gather, it is time to sing. Come join us, in the Spirit of Sound!
What will you experience?
- We will sing freely; toning and chanting; words and non-words
- We will create spontaneous patterns of sound together
- bob and weave a web – a collage – into the most beautiful sound quilt
- We will sing – and create – songs
- We will honor the Earth
- You will be invited to soften, to share, to express, to relax, to receive, through sound
- We will be listened to, by each other, on an agreed theme, and help our multiple views become multiple voices, singing one song
- We will re-discover simplicity, connection and longing expressed
- You will receive a sound healing from Clare, a compassionate Master Sound Healer
- Finally, we will invite in our highest aspiration and offer our most devout feminine wish for community healing for the world, and all its peoples.
What will you leave with?
You will leave with a sense of peace and calm, joy and community, connection and belonging. You will come home to yourself.
- You will learn how to use sound for your own or a partner/family member’s healing
- Softened boundaries for greater intimacy
- A feeling of safety in self, of self-trust
- Some healing songs that may stay with you beyond the workshop
- An increased confidence in your ability to heal your physical and emotional concerns
- A greater feeling of love and community
- A greater sense of self as magical, capable and connected!
It may feel like you’ve been on a long journey until you walk through those doors of the Cathedral and into the arms of this compassionate sound collective, of which you are already a part.
What to bring?
Yoga mat, small pillow, light blanket or sari to drape over yourself during sound healing. Any small objects of meaning to you for your own healing.