Bayview Mission is a Special Mission of the Episcopal Diocese of California with strong support from Grace Cathedral. It provides much needed services, food and supplies to residents of the Hunters Point/Bayview neighborhoods.
Where is it?
Bayview Mission is housed on a residential block in a Victorian home at 1547 Jerrold Avenue in San Francisco. We are easily accessible on public transportation including the SF Muni T Line (stop is Third Street/Kirkwood/LaSalle). Our telephone number is 415-749-6391.
When is it?
We run programs on the 2nd and 3rd Mondays of each month, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Our monthly schedule is as follows:
- 1st Mondays: Closed
- 2nd Mondays: Families with Infants & Toddlers + Neighborhood Seniors
- 3rd Mondays: Neighborhood Seniors + Community Outreach
How do I get involved?
Contact Rob Stuart.
What time commitment is expected?
We welcome volunteers on any Monday we are running a program, from 9 a.m. – noon.
Donate to Bee Busy Bayview Mission Summer Camp
Bee Busy is an opportunity for children from Bayview-Hunters Point to take part in field trips, crafts and share life experiences together. If you are in a position to donate, $50 covers camp expenses for one child to attend camp for all five days. Camp is from Monday, July 31st to Friday, August 4th. Checks can be made out to Grace Cathedral with Bayview Mission Summer Camp on the memo line. Contact the Rev. Canon Nina Pickerrell @ email@example.com.
Bayview Mission Purpose
Jesus taught us to love and serve one another. Bayview Mission will live out this call of love and service by manifesting the blessings that God has bestowed upon us. In living out our baptismal vows to seek and serve Christ in all persons, love our neighbors as ourselves, strive for justice and peace among all people and respect the dignity of every human being, we seek to establish a welcoming community and safe haven for all generations in the Bayview Community. In all of our thoughts, words, and deeds, we will be mindful of the ministry of love and service to which God has called us.
We gratefully accept donations of clothing and household items to support our work.
- To donate high end designer clothing, please email Martha Stabler.
- Donate gently used clothing/household items to Community Thrift. At Community Thrift, be sure to specify that your donation is for Bayview Mission – Account #146. Drop off location, times and acceptable merchandise can be found here or by calling 415-861-4910.
Weekend Work Days at Bayview Mission
Work parties on Saturdays or Sundays can be arranged at the request of organizations, churches and youth groups by appointment. We welcome pilgrimages from all areas, including out of state.
Bayview Mission Wish List
- Art supplies (construction paper/crayons/markers/paints)
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Bar soap, shampoo and lotion (travel size)
- New white socks
- Children’s bubbles and soaps
- Deodorant and foot powder
- Hand towels (new white)
- Health bars and juice boxes
- Holiday favors and soft toys
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss
- Ziploc bags (snack and sandwich size)