Bayview Mission is a Special Mission of the Episcopal Diocese of California with strong support from Grace Cathedral. It provides much needed services, food and supplies to residents of the Bayview/Hunters Point neighborhoods.
Foster Fun Day
Saturday, July 14 at 10 am
Prepare special supply bags for foster parents in Bayview-Hunters Point. A foster parent receives approximately $850 per month for the round-the-clock care for an infant or toddler. Many of our foster parents purchase their own diapers, wipes, baby blankets, socks, small bathtubs and bibs out-of-pocket. Your helping hands can place donated items into foster parent goodie bags on Saturday, July 14. We will enjoy a well-deserved lunch after the program.
Bee Busy Summer Camp
Monday July 23 to Friday, July 27
Our community of children at Bayview Mission will enjoy social outreach projects, garden time, reading time and crafts led by our experienced team of counselors. Breakfast, snacks, lunch, more snacks and “the famous 7-ft shark” wading pool and a trip to the Exploratorium awaits, and it is all free thanks to our generous donors.You can help a child can attend the full week of camp with a donation of $50. Checks may be made out to “Bayview Mission” and sent to the cathedral, Attn: Rev. Cn. Nina Pickerrell.
About Bayview Mission
Where is it?
Bayview Mission is housed on a residential block in a Victorian home at 1547 Jerrold Avenue in San Francisco. We are easily accessible on public transportation including the SF Muni T Line (stop is Third Street/Kirkwood/LaSalle).
When is it?
We run programs on the 2nd and 3rd Mondays of each month, from 10 am – 1 pm.
2nd Mondays: Families with Infants & Toddlers and Neighborhood Seniors
3rd Mondays: Neighborhood Seniors and Community Outreach
How do I get involved?
Contact Rob Stuart. Work parties on Saturdays or Sundays can be arranged at the request of organizations, churches and youth groups by appointment. We are now offering volunteer opportunities on the first and fourth Saturdays of each month from 10 am to 2 pm!
What if I don’t have time to volunteer?
We gratefully accept donations via cash, check, clothing and household items to support our work.
- To donate high end designer clothing, please email Martha Stabler.
- Donate gently used clothing/household items to Community Thrift. At Community Thrift, be sure to specify that your donation is for Bayview Mission – Account #146. Drop off location, times and acceptable merchandise can be found here or by calling 415-861-4910.
- Checks may be made out to “Bayview Mission” and sent to Grace Cathedral Attn: Rev. Cn. Nina Pickerrell, 1100 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108.
- You may also donate online. Please select “Bayview Mission” in the dropdown menu.
Bayview Mission Wish List
- Onesies – all sizes
- Baby Blankets
- Infant/Toddler Socks
- Gentle used children’s books
- Children’s bubbles
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Bar soap, deodorant, lotion, shampoo, lotion (travel size)
- Health bars
- Cleaning Supplies, sponges, detergent, dish soap, bleach
- Sandwhich ziplock bags.